Current Time: 02:40 pm EDT

Item #5 - Featherweight

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1
  Creator Post Date

Flahme

A loud knock on the door of the apartment woke Flahme from a deep slumber. She currently lay in what had fast become her favourite place in the world to sleep; sprawled across Landon’s chest. His chest rose sharply as he also came awake. Laying a soft kiss upon his skin, she levered herself off him and stood to stretch. “I’ll get it.” Moving away, she remembered she was naked and found his t-shirt on the floor and pulled it over her head. As the thing fell to mid-thigh, his chuckle from behind made her turn around. She blew him a kiss before disappearing into the lounge.

Flahme had moved in after their time in Hell since neither of them could stand to be apart. Landon’s apartment had become their apartment, and they were enjoying finding themselves as a couple along with being parents to a massive ginger furball of a cat named Quincy. Currently, life was blissful.

Unlocking the three locks on the door took only a moment before it swung wide to reveal a man of medium height, light brown hair and stormy grey eyes. For a moment, Flahme thought he had wings, but the image occurred so fast she convinced herself it was a trick of the light. The man attempted to enter the apartment without asking but appeared to hit an invisible barrier. He tried again, with the same result. Flahme tilted her head in confusion. “You can’t just barge in here, you know!”

“So, it would seem. Invite me in then, girl.”

“Ahh, and you are?”

“The name is Focalor,” the man said as if he were beyond bored. “Duke of Hell, forty-first spirit, ruler of thirty legions of spirits. You’ve heard this sort of thing before. Now let me in why don’t you?”

“Just a moment. Let me get this straight. You are some fancy-ass demon duke, and you are unable to walk into this place? Because all the others pop up whenever they please, using portals and such. Why are you different?” Ignoring the demon, she looked at the door frame as if to discern the reason for this anomaly. When her emerald gaze returned to the man, he had gone from bored to agitated as he mumbled a few words and waved his hands about.

“I was unable to enter in that manner, and now I see the reason. There is a seal upon this place, several actually,” the man was looking intently at something at the top of the door frame that she couldn’t see. “It seems you have powerful friends looking out for you. I’m here with your next assignment. Though I did not foresee having to deliver it stood in a hallway.”

Buzzing with excitement, Flahme couldn’t wait to tell Landon that demonic intrusion would not be an issue for them when at their apartment. That meant they wouldn’t be disturbed while they were…

“Are you listening to me?” Focalor asked acerbically.

“No.”

The man, demon, looked to be grinding his teeth and Flahme’s brow furrowed as she realised she would have to leave Landon to do an assignment, she didn’t want to go. “What were you saying?”

“Assignment. Feather, you will procure a siren’s feather. They are very rare, and few in existence but you have proved yourself, finding not one, but three Phoenix stones. So, I imagine this will be a walk in the park.”

“Since when do siren’s have feathers? I thought they were like mermaids,” she said as Landon called her name from the bedroom. She looked behind her then back to Focalor with a grin, who sighed deeply and shook his head.

“No, they are not mermaids as such, though they have some affinity for the sea, and they can do many things. It is your job to find the feather, not mine. Find it, and I will then find you. Got it?”

“Fine. Feather. Siren. I’m on it. Later gator.” Without a by your leave, she slammed the apartment door in the demon’s face and sprinted back to the bedroom, divesting herself of the t-shirt along the way before she dove back under the covers with the man she adored.

“I just got my next assignment,” she said once she was within his embrace. “I have to go, and for the first time, I don’t want to, but I promise to be back as quick as I can. Oh, and Janus has put a protection spell on this place. Demons can’t just pop in whenever they feel like it. So, that means,” she kissed him, “none of them can,” she kissed him again, “spy on us.” Not knowing how long she would need to be away, Flahme decided to make the most of every second with her man. Getting out of bed was overrated anyway.

Sometime later, Flahme completed her morning ritual and was on her way to the New York public library to see what she could learn about sirens.
August 12, 2019 06:16 am

Kira Garrett

Armed with only a duffle bag and a backpack, Kira had set out to lose herself so she could find herself. The idiom had never made much sense to her, but after her journey she had begun to understand. 

New Orleans, Los Angeles, Paris. How many faces had she seen? How many nights had she spent awake, staring at the sky and wondering? Wondering what she was doing, who she was. For the first time since she had originally awoke on that shore, she had begun to wonder about her past and those missing memories.

When she had left her old home, there had been a void, a sense of loss. Somehow, she was able to pick up the pieces and rebuild herself stronger, better. Detaching herself from what she had known and starting fresh had turned out to be more beneficial than she could have possibly imagined.

After months of travel, losing herself in the sights, Kira was home. It felt as if it had been a lifetime since she had been able to say that. Finding herself back in New York, the blonde was unable to wipe the smirk from her face as she darted through the streets in the direction of home. Her blonde hair was secured tightly on the top of her head, swaying with each step. Her seafoam colored orbs were bright and alert as the sounds of the city caused her heart to pump with anticipation.

The backpack was growing lighter as she followed the twists and turns in the familiar path that lead to Sine Metu. Stopping at the door, she inhaled deeply. Excitement bubbled in her stomach as she thought about seeing her family for the first time in so long. Turning the handle, she stepped through the threshold.

“Hello? Is anyone home?” The blonde was greeted by silence as she closed the door gently behind her. She placed her luggage on the ground as she stepped further inside.

Kira glaced around, quietly taking in the sights on the house. She had forgotten the solace these four walls had offered her when she had first arrived. Most of her time had been spent locked away, too timid to approach others. But after being away for so long, she was eager to reconnect with those who had taken her in.

The silence surrounding her was odd, but not unwelcome. She had expected to see bodies shuffling about, voices calling out to one another. She wasn’t insulted that no one was there to greet her, it wasn’t like she had told anyone that she would be arriving. Giving a shrug, she turned towards the stairs.

She let out a sharp gasp as the pain began to build in her head. Her vision tripled as she stumbled midstep. Immediately, her ears were filled with a shrill ringing. “No, it doesn’t happen this fast. I have time.” Crawling, she attempted to make her way to the stairs, to the privacy her room offered. She had yet to explain her affliction to her coven, had yet to assure them that she would be fine.

Drops of blood fell onto her hands from her nose. It was quickly forming a puddle as she paused to suck in lungfuls of air. Once again, she tried to inch her way forward. Her arm gave out as her palm slid on the crimson liquid. She let out a groan as her head made contact with the floor.

“No, no. Not here. Please, not here.” Her words were steadily growing weaker as her eyes began to flutter shut. As unconsciousness danced along the corners of her mind, a stinging sensation began to sizzle along the faint scars on her back. The intensity grew, causing her vision to turn black.

August 15, 2019 05:36 pm

Flahme

The library smelled so good, books everywhere, and Flahme stood in awe for probably a full five minutes. Getting her mind in gear, she went and found books about sirens, which resulted in a bunch of fictional tales regarding mermaid hybrids. The next was of Greek mythology where, finally, she found the sirens that had feathers and was horrified at the tragic tale where the muses plucked the feathers of the sirens where they fell into the sea and formed islands.

None of them was telling her how she might find one in this day and age. Regardless she liked one particular book and decided she would take it with her, but she didn’t have a library card for this place. Looking around surreptitiously, she waited until no one was facing her way and tucked the book under her arm and casually walked out with it.

Her first thought was to return to her and Landon’s apartment but decided instead to head for the coven. She would build up her own library in her room there and effectively make it her place for research, reading, writing, or when she would need quiet time.

Opening the door after traversing the underground tunnels, she entered the coven proper and headed towards the room she had chosen. She pulled the book out and began flipping through the pages when she heard a gasp ahead and stopped dead in her tracks.

“No, no. Not here. Please, not here.”

The book slammed shut as Flahme ran towards the sound of someone in trouble. She rounded the corner and almost trod on the body lying prone on the ground. Kneeling next to it, she looked for injury and then turned it over to reveal the face of her coven mate, Kira.

Blood was smeared over the woman’s pretty face, though the flow seemed to have stopped. Thankfully Flahme had strength enough to lift the woman, and once she located Kira’s room, gingerly laid her on the bed. A quick feel for her pulse showed it was strong, and as the young woman stirred, Flahme felt confident to leave her for a moment.

Finding a washcloth in the bathroom, Flahme soaked it then wrung it out, and came back to Kira to wipe the blood off her face as she slowly came around. “What happened to you?”
August 16, 2019 07:47 pm

Kira Garrett

Kira let out a groan as she slipped back from the void. Confusion was written across her face as she realized she was now in her bedroom. Slowly shifting so she was sitting up, her eyes met a familiar face. When had Flahme arrived? How much had she heard? She gave her head a slight shake and smiled at the woman.

Taking the washcloth, she carefully wiped the dried blood from her face. “Ah, hey. Thanks for this.” Kira let out a short, awkward laugh. Cleaning her face for another moment, she set down the soiled bit of fabric. Hearing the question, she took in a deep breath. She wasn’t sure how much she was ready to share, she didn’t even know all of the details herself.

“I just… have these episodes. They aren’t normally as severe as this. They trigger memories to come back.” Her voice was small as she stared down at her hands. Truth be told, she hated explaining this. From the first incident, she didn’t know why they occurred. That had always left her rather uneasy.

The fresh memory played in her mind, threatening to bring tears. It was the memory she had been dreading the most. The moment her wings had been carved from her back. Even now, she could feel the cold blade maiming her back. She could hear the screams coming from her sister’s as they were restrained by firm hands. She even swore that she could feel the blood trickling down her back.

A shiver went down her back as she heard the words whispered by phantom lips into her ears. ‘We’ll see how you sound without these pretty little wings of yours, siren.’ The words were full of venom, hatred even. But exactly why was still a mystery to her.

Moving her arms, she let out a hiss of pain. “Could you help me to the mirror, real quick?” Whatever fog was remaining in her mind was now gone. Something was wrong with the delicate scars across her shoulder blades. They shouldn’t be hurting; it was impossible. Leaning forward, she let out another gasp. The world began to spin from the subtle movement, causing her confusion to grow. How hard had she hit her head?

Positioning herself so she could see her back in the mirror, her eyes widened as she could faintly see the angry marks glowing softly. A beautiful shade of gold was being emitted. “No, no. This isn’t right. Flahme, something is wrong.” She looked at her friend desperately, panic taking a firm grip on her facial features.

The memory had triggered something in her to awaken. It caused her frame to tremble as she traced her finger over the light coming from under her shirt. Part of her was scared to see what was hiding under the fabric, still shaken from the newest memory. She truly had no idea what any of this could mean.
August 26, 2019 11:12 pm

Flahme

Sitting patiently with the ailing woman, Flahme waited for Kira to feel together enough to tell her what was going on. She could see the other woman was troubled, but about what was not obvious. Taking the washcloth once Kira had finished with it, she smiled in acknowledgement. “You’re welcome.”

Moving closer, Flahme extended her warm hand and held Kira’s for both comfort and support. She understood well enough how difficult it could be to speak of the past and how painful refreshed memories were. She could see Kira’s eyes begin to swim with tears that she stoically attempted to hold back. Something terrible had happened to the young woman, and it broke Flahme’s heart to see her this way. “What can I do, Kira? How can I help?”

A hiss escaped Kira’s lips as she moved. Flahme stood and held out her hands to the other woman to help her stand when Kira gasped again, clearly in a lot more pain. Flahme watched as Kira turned her back to the mirror and she noticed a strange glow coming from underneath the other woman’s shirt across both shoulder blades. Flahme regularly saw unusual things, but this was something else.

Her mind went back to her assignment. She needed to keep moving forward on that but couldn’t leave Kira here alone, in this state. Perhaps she could take her to the apartment she shared with Janus, he could keep her company, so she wasn’t alone. Messaging her beau, she sent the text and waited a moment for a reply. Frowning when nothing came through, she put the phone back in her pocket and returned all of her attention to Kira.

‘Flahme, something is wrong.’

The panic in Kira’s soft words resonated throughout the room, and again, Flahme took her hand to soothe her. “How can it be wrong when it looks so beautiful?” Flahme frowned when her inquisitive nature got the better of her. “Don’t you want to see what is causing the glow?” Her fingers itched to trace the glow and see what was under happening. Was it just the skin glowing or was something growing there?

Reigning in her curiosity, Flahme tried to see this from Kira’s point of view. Understanding the fear of being judged, Flahme looked into Kira’s seafoam gaze, her own emerald eyes holding steady. “If you want to talk about it, I won’t judge you in any way. I’ll listen, but sometimes sharing a problem in itself can help lift some of the burden. You’re not alone in any of this.”
September 03, 2019 05:38 am

Kira Garrett

“Flahme, those scars? My wings used to be there. Nothing is there. There can’t be anything there. It’s impossible.” Her voice rose a few octaves as she tried to explain.

She dropped her hands from her back, instead wrapping them around her torso. If remembering how she lost them made this happen, what else would happen as more memories came back? Was it irrational of her to think that they might be coming back? She shook her head, shoving the thought from her mind. They were gone. Much like her sisters, and she had to accept that.

“I don’t want to know why they’re glowing. I just want to know why I’m getting my memories back. My life now is nothing like it used to be. I only… occasionally use my abilities. Even then, I don’t fully understand them.” Her shoulders slumped as she slowly made her way back towards the mattress.

Her body slumped onto the furniture, head falling into her hands. She didn’t understand any of this. Hell, she didn’t want to. Kira was more than ready to put her life behind her, it’s not like it meant anything to her now. Whoever took her past life from her had their reasons. However cruel those reasons may be, she thought.

Removing her head from her palms, she glanced up at the woman. She had no idea what he friend thought of all of this. It sounded crazy. It didn’t sound real. “I know that I’m not alone, and I’m so grateful that you were the one who found me. I’m glad it didn’t happen while I was traveling.”

She paused for a moment, sincerity washing over her features. “I’m glad that you were the one to find me, Flahme. I feel like I can explain this better to you.”

Closing her eyes, she decided that she needed to tell the red-headed woman as much as she could. “If I sound like a mental case, bear with me. As you know, I’m a siren… But, I’m one of the original three. The youngest, to be precise. My sisters and I, I called them Aggie and Percy, we raised ourselves. A lot of the myths are true. We did lure men to their death, but we didn’t go after any man. Only those that were unfaithful. For some reason, when we were together, she could sense who wasn’t loyal to their partner. So, we would tempt them. If they gave in… well they wouldn’t cheat anymore. And if they found the will to resist us, they’d live and we would fade into seafoam.” She chuckled. That detail was Percy’s idea, to make them think that they defeated the big bad temptresses. “We loved to sing, we could bewitch those men. And something happened. Some didn’t like that.”

She exhaled, fighting tears. “We were good. We didn’t hurt anyone who didn’t deserve it. Us three? We took care of each other. But someone still carved my wings from my back. Took them like they were trophies. That’s what I remembered today.”
September 30, 2019 09:18 pm

Flahme

“You had Wings?” Flahme blurted out before her brain could catch up and realise how insensitive that was. Kira was having a difficult time with whatever was happening to her. “I’m sorry, I was taken by surprise. When your memories return is it before or after the episode. What I mean is, does the episode cause the memories to return, or is it the return of the memories causing the episode?” She didn’t know if that was important to differentiate, but all facts were useful in her opinion.

Listening to Kira talk, broke Flahme’s heart. Someone had wronged this woman gravely, hurt her and her sisters. Not unlike why her mother was burned, it seemed the cruelty done here was due to a fear of the unknown. Tears burned her eyes the memory, but she held them in check. This was Kira’s time, no need for Flahme to allow her emotions to get the better of her. She was horrified of the indignity of what happened to Kira and her sisters.

“You don’t sound like a mental case at all. You and your family have been through a highly traumatic event. I’m so sorry you had to experience any of that. People often react with violence to that which they don’t understand. None of you were to blame,” she tugged on Kira’s arm to offer a hug but was unsure if the gesture would be welcomed or even needed, so she held back.

“A similar thing happened to my mother. Not that she had wings but that others wished her harm because they feared her. She was burned alive for being a witch. Oh, don’t get me wrong, she was a witch, but she only ever helped people. Healed them, helped with child-birth, that sort of thing. Sometimes her magic was obvious, and when the accusers came, no one stood up for her.”

Rubbing her forehead, Flahme sighed and tried to see what they needed to do. She was a person of action and wanted to understand how to help when her mind hit on something that Kira had said.

‘As you know, I’m a siren…’

Slack-jawed, Flahme stared at the woman. How could this be? She needed a siren, and one was almost sitting on her lap. She looked down at the book she held and smoothed her palm over the cover. How odd her life was, at times? The dilemma she now faced was whether to let Kira know of her assignment. She wouldn’t want the woman to feel pressured in any way, and yet Flahme did not want to fail any tasks, or she would go to Hell, would not pass Go, would not collect $200. Flahme finally had far too much to lose now. She had Landon, the love of her life.

“I didn’t know you were a siren,” Flahme said quietly, her brow furrowed in consternation. “I didn’t know they were even real until this morning.”
October 09, 2019 05:52 am
Actives (13) Fresh Blood (2) View All The Fallen (1) Graveyard
Beau Theroux, Elysia, Aubry Daniels, Jassayla, Don Collier, Zahrah Mubarack, Mystic-husky, Kyla Brollachan, Virelai Tylwyth, Naberius Reum, Vexa, The Preacher , Mallory Quarters  Pillion
Dante 
Asher N0ble 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter